Born 1966 in Sydney Australia to English parent and married to the best wife (she signed the leave pass for me to do this trip) with two great step kids.
For my 4th birthday I was given a home built mini bike (complete with lawnmower engine to power it) and have not stopped riding since.
I work for Suncorp Insurance as a Risk Manager, based in Sydney. Big thanks to Suncorp as they operate a great policy that allows staff to take a career break.
Previous adventures include;
- A car rally from Nordkapp, Norway, the most Northerly part of the European continent (approx 600 km’s within the Arctic circle) down to Tarifa, Spain. We won!
- A solo adventure ride through the Australian desert out through Cameron Corner and West to Near Lake Eyre, South Aust and down through the Flinders Ranges, Broken Hill, Wagga and back to Sydney
Having ridden various types of bikes over the years, including;
- Fully automatic home built mini bikes
- Moto cross
- Road bikes (Kawasaki KR1-S & Yamaha R1 being my favorites)
- Side car cross – swinging
- Road sidecar racer (Long chassis 1,000cc) – swinging
- Adventure bikes
Also currently restoring a 1984 Ducati MHR 900 that I plan to win a concours de elegance with once I have it back on the road.